Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 10 Oral

Picture discussion

This picture depicts a man standing in a middle of a room, probably a room in the old folk's home. The old people are following what the man is doing, but some do not seem to understand what he is trying to do as some are not following. I think the man is most probably teaching the old folks on the procedure for washing their hands clean. He is teaching the steps on what they are supposed to do, and now he is teaching on how to clean the back of their hands. I think he had some training related to hygiene, most probably medical training, where the medical staff are required to learn how to disinfect and be hygienic when handling things and patients. I think different elderly have different points about this activity, as some of the elderly are following the man enthusiastically and looking at his every movement. Some elderly are just looking around at the other elderly doing those actions with the man, which also shows that they do not know what is going on. I think teaching the elderly on how to wash their hands properly is very important as this can prevent the spreading of diseases if they maintain a high level of hygiene.

Conversation
1.Tell me about a performance that impressed you.

A performance that impressed me was that Lollipop, a Taiwanese boyband, performed on the stage where every performer aimed to stand on when they just came into the industry not long ago. Just after they released 2 EPs and one official album, there they were, standing on the stage with about a million audience downstage. They were the pride of a television show which they had participated in before officially joining the performing industry. They had set history when they stood up the stage and performed, and it has took the industry by storm. Since then, they had been popular over almost the whole of Asia. They had did really well in the performance in the big stage. I would consider a career in acting because almost all of my friends say that I have a talent for acting as I am very dramatic and can act out my feelings very well. Acting is a very fun thing which not everyone would get the chance to try. If I had a chance to try out acting, I would definitely give it a shot. I would prefer to start with a role which is very playful and cheerful and also likes to play pranks on people. It is quite similar to my character and I believe I would be able to bring the fullest out of that character. Another type of role I would want to attempt is roles that are total opposites if my character in real life. It is a kind of challenge to myself and if i do not do well in that kind of character, it would inspire me to work harder to act out that role.

2.Some people worry too much about things. Do you agree?

I agree that some people really worry too much about things before they happen. Even if it is something they cannot control, they still worry about it. Since you cannot do anything to change the final decision, why do they still worry so much? Things like results, health, image, appearance and even love can make people worry. I think worrying too much is not good for your health and people should try their best to minimize their worries. If that is not possible, they should at least try to stay cheerful when they have worries. People can either ignore those worries that are unimportant, like example things caused by peer pressure which makes people worry about love, image and their appearance. As for health worries, it can be solved by excercising and eating healthily. If you worry about your results, you can either hold a study session, hire a tuition teacher, or listen up in class. In order to deal or forget your worries, you have to find out where your worries are coming from. Then you can find a friend to talk about your worries to, and they might help to think of a solution for your worries, and it would be solved. If your worries are about unneeded or uneccessary things, the most effective way is to stop worrying and tell yourself that you need not worry for such unimportant things. I think people worry because of the stress that the society is giving. For students, their worries are mostly that of how their friends see them and results. Due to the overcompetitive education, which is not really needed, it adds to the worries of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment