Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 6 Oral

Picture discussion

The picture depicts a sports stadium with some people sitting on the benches. I think the girls are watching the runners run around the track while competing. The girls are smiling and cheering with joy as they cheer the runners on. They look very enthusiastic though they are standing under the sun. I think the girls are feeling very happy while cheering as some of the runners are probably their friends or are winning the race. I think they feel this way because the runner that is winning is probably a person in their class or their good friend. One of them is jumping with joy and smiling while cheering. Two others are laughing and looking attentively through the race. Another girl is eating a lollipop but is also watching the race closely. Behind them are a group of boys, most probably watching the race too. Some guys are looking at them shouting and cheering.


Conversation
1.Tell me about a time when you realised that you had been wrong about something.

There was once I misunderstood my friend for betraying me and I got angry at her, not talking to her for a few weeks. I was very angry because I thought she had betrayed my trust. After some time, I finally decided to clarify the matter. It turned out that I had misunderstood her. I learnt that without concrete proof I should not decide on anything because there may have been some misunderstanding in it. Even with concrete proof, you still have to consider the other factors at the point of time and not just decide to ignore her, which may result in you losing a good friend now and forever. People may find it hard to admit their mistakes as they may think it is very embarrassing to do so when they have already insisted on a certain viewpoint. When they are supposed to admit their mistakes it will be very hard to do so. If the person being misunderstood can be more understanding towards the person who had made a mistake, then it would not be so hard for the person in the wrong to admit their mistakes.

2.Do you think everyone can learn to be good at sport?

I think if you try, it is possible that everyone can learn to be good at a sport. If you are willing to learn, nothing is impossible. Excluding people unfit for sports, even the handicapped are able to excel at sports, what more a normal person like you and me. I think some people are better at sports than other people are because they are willing to work hard to achieve the results they want to achieve. Another reason is that their natural talent in their genes have already decided genetically that they were suited for sports. Natural talent in your genes is only a few steps of headstart for those people, it is the hard work they are willing to put in their later years that determine if they will be good at sport or not. It is not very fair to say that men are better in sport than women because men and women are made equal in some ways. Although men are designed to excel in sport more than women in terms of their stamina and body build, but it is possible for a women to win men in sport because some women can do sport very well and are willing to train hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment